Caterpillar Power Generation Systems
Caterpillar Power Generation Systems was hired by Alberta Newsprint Company to build a 65 MW reciprocating engine power plant to provide electricity to the newsprint facility in Whitecourt Alberta.
SCOPE OF WORK
INNOVA designed, supplied and installed all noise control and provided a site-wide compliance guarantee. Acoustic mitigation and other scope included:
- Powerhouse building (224’ long x 81’ wide x 39’ high)
- Crane design, supply and installation
- Ventilation to support ten (10) Caterpillar G16CM34 engine generator units
- Design, supply and installation of 10 engine exhaust systems
- Building heating and ventilation
- Supply of support steel
- Installation of the SCR
- Design and supply of tank farm building
- Acoustic design guarantee
Innova guaranteed that the noise emitted from the building would be limited to 70 dBA at 4 points on the project perimeter, at a distance of 100 meters from the powerhouse building envelope.