INNOVA Global is seeking a Contracts Manager to join our team in Cambridge, Ontario.
The Contracts Manager is responsible for the provision of a full range of contracts review, negotiations and advisory activities primarily for our Environmental Systems Division and the role is based in Cambridge, Ontario. Two main areas of focus will be on leading the development including drafting of acceptable contractual terms covering respective obligations, liabilities and risk from commercial and contractual perspectives, and providing expert support to project management and senior management in the resolution of contractual issues.
This position will report directly to the INNOVA Contract and Risk Manager, based in the Corporate office located in Calgary, AB.
- Review contractual provisions in new enquiries and identify all areas of contractual risk. Identify go/no go decision points for resolution with senior management;
- Provide ad hoc subject matter expertise for existing contracts and agreements to ensure compliance is maintained and to advise project management on commercial and legal options and obligations;
- Specifically, provides in-depth knowledge and support related to contractual matters such as delays, changes, the corresponding back to back procurement of professional services, materials, fabricated components and subcontracts, field construction, liability exposure and containment;
- Develop with project management comprehensive engineering and construction claims, counter-claims and defenses as necessary;
- Liaise with outside legal and insurance resources as required and act as the point person for legal and contractual remedies primarily on behalf of the Environmental Systems Division;
- Continue the development of best practices and processes, collate lessons learned, and provide periodic formal and informal feedback to colleagues as individuals or gatherings;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
The successful candidate is expected to be able to demonstrate:
- Degree (undergraduate or postgraduate) in a relevant field (a law qualification is not a requirement but would potentially be considered an asset);
- Minimum of 10 years’ commercial experience in a related industry or relevant legal environment with increasing levels of responsibility;
- Advanced knowledge of contract administration, contractual terms and the principles of purchasing, delivery terms, insurance, finance and tax, construction, dispute resolution and litigation;
- Detailed understanding of Contract Law and experience working with various contract forms, as may be encountered in Canada, the United States, and other jurisdictions;
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to respectfully resolve conflict, along with impeccable personal and professional integrity;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage and work with all levels of the organization including subsidiaries;
- Keen attention to detail combined with the ability to analyze and draft in-depth contractual documents and to articulate complex ideas;
- Proven time management skills, multi-tasking and the ability to successfully handle multiple assignments with constantly changing and sometimes competing priorities;
- Proficient IT skills: MS Office applications, etc.
- Some travel may be required.
We appreciate all expressions of interest and carefully review all resumes received. Regrettably, we are only able to contact applicants directly who are selected for interview. Thank you for your interest in INNOVA Global.