Innova Global is seeking a Director, Quality Assurance to join our team in either Cambridge, ON or Tulsa, OK.
The Director, Quality Assurance will be responsible for overseeing the overall quality programs, practices and procedures for all Innova with the majority of efforts on the gas turbine product line, and enforce Company quality requirements on all fabricators. This role will also direct the Quality program company-wide to include international fabricators.
- Ensures the applicable processes, procedures, documentation and reporting for manufacturing and steel fabrication are in place and that they meet industry, customer, and company specifications and standards;
- Acts as the Company interface to customers on all quality related issues;
- Monitors, analyzes, recommends and implements a proper quality system to accomplish continuous improvement for Innova with focus on the gas turbine operations;
- Manages and develops the Quality Assurance staff;
- Responsible for Quality Management Systems (IS0 9001);
- Manages and maintains International Regulatory Product Compliance;
- Manages and maintains Non-Conformance System Management, Quality Metrics and Continuous Improvement Programs;
- Provides Quality training to all Company and International staff;
- Manages and maintains a quality assurance ERP system
- Travels nationally or internationally as needed to service foreign jobsites, monitors subcontractors and supports customer inspections/audits (up to 40%);
- Maintains quality systems applicable to subcontractors in accordance with company and customer requirements;
- Makes proper contributions to manage and support the improvement of quality programs and the company’s team concept;
- Delivers presentations to senior management concisely and effectively;
- Ensures effective efforts are made to accomplish the company’s mission, vision and values;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
StructureThe Director, Quality Assurance will report to the President and Chief Executive Officer.
Education and Preferred Experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and client management skills are critical for success in this role
- Proven leadership and decision-making abilities along with strategic vision
- Bachelors of Science in a manufacturing/quality technical field
- 15 + years’ experience in a technical field such as acoustical, mechanical or structural engineering
- 4 + years’ experience in quality assurance management in a steel manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of AWS D1.1 and ASME VIII and IX welding codes; AWS-CWI program
- Good knowledge of ASTM-Material Specifications, ANST-NDT Test program
- Develop and deliver presentations effectively utilizing PowerPoint
- Ability to read drafting schematics (AutoCAD)
- Thorough knowledge of applicable fabrication and machining processes, and steel manufacturing shop procedures
- Ability to comprehend, communicate, and comply with customer specifications
- Thorough knowledge of IS0 9001
- Working knowledge of related inspection tools and NDT test methods
- Analytical business experience and expertise
- Expert proficiency in the suite of MS Office software, SharePoint, etc.
- Ability to travel Internationally is a key requirement of this role – candidate must hold a valid passport
- Ability to speak multiple languages would be an asset.
Training and Certification
- American Welding Society
- Certified Welding Inspection
- American Society Non-Destructive Testing – Level III Magnetic Particle Testing
- Dye Penetrant Testing
- Radiographic film interpretation
- ISO 9001 Auditor-Lead Assessor
- NACE I and II qualifications
You are results-oriented, enjoy challenging opportunities, have a positive attitude, are resourceful and have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and sense of responsibility.
We appreciate all expressions of interest and carefully review all resumes received. Regrettably, we are only able to contact applicants directly who are selected for interview. Thank you for your interest in Innova Global.