Innova Global is seeking a Director of Engineering - Environmental Systems to join our team in Cambridge, ON.
The Director of Engineering – Environmental Systems provides technical leadership and management oversight of all engineering operations related to Innova Global’s Environmental Systems product designs, engineering operations, including detailed engineering operations in Mexico.
The Director of Engineering – Environmental Systems leads the process development, product engineering design, project engineering, and new product qualification for the division. The position will lead a team of engineers and technologists to ensure competent and appropriate resources are allocated to achieve technical, financial and business objectives throughout the product design development and production life-cycle.
There is a requirement for business travel to Innova’s offices located in Canada, Europe, Mexico and the United States.
The Director of Engineering – Environmental Systems will report directly to the General Manager, Environmental Systems. The position will have product engineering managers, design drafting and detail drafting staff, including future detailed design staff in Mexico reporting to the Director of Engineering to ensure production goals are met, in terms of schedule, quality and cost.
- Lead and direct the engineering and design technologist product teams to develop, apply, maintain and improve capabilities in all aspects of Engineering while holding overall responsibility for the detail design engineering activities required to support all Environmental Systems’ products and their manufacturing processes.
- Ensure the engineering resources and management are aligned with Innova’s business strategy.
- Ensure appropriate resources are available to achieve technical, financial and business objectives.
- Estimate engineering hours required to complete all projects and regularly monitor progress to completion.
- Provide technical solutions to a variety of complex issues ensuring technical issues are accurately represented in Innova’s Risk Management process.
- Oversee the control of intellectual property as per Innova guidelines.
- Ensure business objectives are met within agreed to budgets.
- Oversee technical and professional development of all employees within the engineering function.
- Lead or support crisis resolution to ensure customer commitments are met and honored.
- Engage as a key member of the Innova Leadership Team.
- Provide oversight and review engineering documentation tied to product manufacturing and installation (e.g., design calculations and reports, BOMs, fabrication drawings, regulatory equipment testing requirements, I,O&M manuals)
- Advise senior management on emerging trends in design-for-manufacturing technologies, and recommend changes in Innova’s processes to implement new efficiencies.
- Manage outsourced project and design engineering resources required to complement in-house engineering capabilities and workload.
- Assist in review of Sales RFQ’s from potential customers with regards to engineering and quality requirements as requested.
- Operate within the company’s ISO Quality system and safety policy in all phases of assignments. Lead continuous improvement efforts in these areas for engineering.
- Uphold Innova’s Code of Ethics, Anti Bribery/Anti-Corruption Policies, Violence and Harassment Free Work Place, Cost, Schedule and Quality standards related to all assigned responsibilities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer in a related field (Structural or Mechanical specialty).
- 10+ years’ experience in low-volume, custom-design industrial product environments.
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment and utilizing Lean Six Sigma toolsets for problem solving would be a definite asset.
- Preparation and review of proposals.
- Contract negotiation skills.
- Effective communication skills to present complex technical challenges and solutions to customers and Company Leaders.
- Bilingual English-Spanish language skills desirable. (English is the primary language used and is therefore essential.)
- Hands-on leader with the ability to motivate and empower others while offering focused leadership.
- Proven people management, leadership, technical report writing, and presentation skills.
- ERP systems;
- Microsoft Office Suite;
- Primavera P6, or equivalent project scheduling software;
- Autodesk CAD systems (Vault, Inventor, AutoCad, etc), or equivalent solid modelling platform;
- Engineering analysis tools aligned with the needs of Innova’s product designs.
You are results-oriented, enjoy challenging opportunities, have a positive attitude, are resourceful and have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and sense of responsibility.
We appreciate all expressions of interest and carefully review all resumes received. Regrettably, we are only able to contact applicants directly who are selected for interview. Thank you for your interest in Innova Global.