Innova Global is seeking a Jr. Systems Administrator to join our IT team in Cambridge, Ontario or Calgary, Alberta.
The Junior Systems Administrator is a role that involves; help desk support tasks, participation in daily systems management and maintenance, being a key member and/or leader in continual improvement projects, and a subject matter expert on various software packages. The role requires proven skills in research, problem solving, administration, communication, and documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Business, or related field normally required
- One or more professional designations relating to the required skills such as; MCSE, MCP, CCNA, VCP, PMP, etc. would be an asset
- Experience working in an IT helpdesk in an enterprise environment.
- Proven research, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in administrating and supporting Microsoft Windows based workstations and associated hardware and software packages
- General knowledge and/or experience in working with networking concepts (VLAN, WAN, VPN, MPLS).
- Exposure to fundamental system administration, tuning, and support methods best practices.
- Experience in working with and administrating one or more Microsoft solutions such as; Microsoft Server (2012R2, 2016), SQL Server, SharePoint and SharePoint Server, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365.
- Knowledge of SIP, PRI, and other telephony mediums and related hardware would be an asset
- Knowledge or experience in working with ERP systems such as Oracle Fusion or Epicor would be an asset
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Effective time-management and prioritization skills
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
- Ability to communicate concepts in both technical and user-friendly language
- A willingness and drive to learn and continually improve your abilities
- Willingness to travel for short periods to our various global offices
- Valid passport and driver's license.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in a similar enterprise capacity normally required
- Experience in administrating one or more Microsoft solutions such as; Microsoft Server (2012R2, 2016), SQL Server, SharePoint and SharePoint Server, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365.
- Proven research, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
This role requires the individual to work in an after hours on call rotation with colleagues.
You are results-oriented, enjoy challenging opportunities, have a positive attitude, are resourceful and have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and sense of responsibility.
We appreciate all expressions of interest and carefully review all resumes received. Regrettably, we are only able to contact applicants directly who are selected for interview. Thank you for your interest in Innova Global.