Innova Global is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our IT team in Cambridge, Ontario. The Senior Systems Engineer will ensure the stability, integrity and efficiency of all the in-house and cloud based information systems that support our operations.
This is done through proven problem solving, communication, and recommending appropriate solutions and providing documentation and training. As an integral part of the infrastructure of the organization, this position designs, implements, and maintains a broad spectrum of IT solutions - ranging from server hardware and software to routers & switches. The Senior Systems Engineer is also responsible for the management of the existing network infrastructure and core systems providing support to a continually improving, robust organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Business, or related field normally required
- One or more professional designations relating to the required skills such as; MCSE, MCP, CCNA, VCP, PMP, etc.
- Experienced with systems planning, security principles and general network infrastructure management practices.
- HPE and Dell SAN, VMWare, capacity planning forecasting and proven analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of Juniper, Dell, HPE, and Cisco LAN/WAN technologies and experience managing and configuring advanced networking topologies (VLAN, WAN, VPN, MPLS)
- Knowledge and experience in engineering complex infrastructure and networking designs
- Knowledge of fundamental system administration, tuning, and support methods best practices.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills and experience administering Microsoft Windows server operating systems (2008R2/2012R2/2016) including Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Strong working knowledge of Office365 and experience managing and maintaining Microsoft Cloud architecture including but not limited to; Exchange, Azure AD, SharePoint Online.
- Experience designing and managing Microsoft SQL Server and other database applications.
- Knowledge and Experience with designing, implementing, and managing Citrix application delivery systems (XenApp).
- Experience designing and managing Microsoft Share Point farms
- Knowledge of SIP, PRI, and other telephony mediums and related hardware
- Ability to plan, document, and effectively implement projects and systems.
- Ability to script via PowerShell and other methods
- Strong desire for automation and redundancy in all aspects
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to conduct research into issues and develop solutions
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly developed time-management and prioritization skills
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
- Ability to communicate concepts in both technical and user-friendly language
- Willingness to travel for short periods to our various global offices
- Valid passport and driver's license.
- A minimum of seven (7) years' experience in a similar enterprise capacity normally required
- Proven experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of network infrastructure, software systems, applications, and related products.
- Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software and infrastructure management best practices.
- Proven experience troubleshooting and resolving complex enterprise incidents.
- This role requires the individual to work in an after hours on call rotation with colleagues
You are results-oriented, enjoy challenging opportunities, have a positive attitude, are resourceful and have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and sense of responsibility.
We appreciate all expressions of interest and carefully review all resumes received. Regrettably, we are only able to contact applicants directly who are selected for interview. Thank you for your interest in Innova Global.