Innova Global’s Calgary office is currently seeking an experienced Expeditor - EPCM to join our expanding Noise Management Division.
- Are you a team player who believes in integrity, respect, innovation and customer service?
- Do you have a thirst for knowledge and thrive in a project based environment?
- Will you bring positive energy and enthusiasm to the office and your projects?
- Can you prioritize to meet tight deadlines and deliverables?
If you said yes to these questions Innova Global wants you to apply!
As a member of the Noise Management Procurement Team, you will facilitate the smooth completion of construction projects and ensure all project sites have adequate and timely delivery of materials and equipment. The project work involves acoustical and non-acoustical conventional & pre-engineering steel buildings in addition to general construction disciplines. This role may work on multiple projects concurrently. The Expeditor must be well-organized and able to multitask within a fast-paced environment. Prior experience within a Procurement and Project Management environment and knowledge of basic purchasing and technical principles will be a definite asset. The Expeditor will report to the Senior Procurement Specialist.
Your knowledge of Expediting is solid and you have at least 3 - 5 years of work experience within an Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management (EPCM) environment and at least 2-3 years of true Expediting experience. Your communication skills, initiative and willingness to learn and be a dedicated team member are all demonstrated skills.
- Coordination of the material and equipment deliveries to meet project requirements;
- Work with project teams to align material deliveries with project execution schedule;
- Coordinate the delivery of supplies according to priorities and specifications;
- Resolve problems to speed up delivery of orders;
- Inspect bills of lading to ensure the correct quantity, bill of material (BOM), and packing lists;
- Monitor inventory of supplies for various projects;
- Interfacing with clients’ material/logistic systems and jobsites;
- Arrange the movement of material between locations;
- Maintain and foster solid relationships with suppliers and vendors;
- Complete customs documents/paperwork and logistics, NAFTA management and date validity;
- Keep accurate records and provide project reporting;
- Liase with inspection group as required, obtain releases as required prior to shipment;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications of material and equipment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Office and SharePoint and Oracle Fusion;
- Strong verbal and written communication;
- Ability to liaise effectively and professionally with management, vendors, and suppliers;
- Demonstrated analytical, time management and organizational skills;
- Self-starter and works well under pressure and within a team atmosphere;
- Ability to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- Post-secondary degree and/or Technical diploma in related area. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Relevant Work Experience
- Direct experience in design-build and competitive tender acoustical & non-acoustical building systems and/or construction and project management environment;
- Experience working within an Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) company.
- Experience working on expediting for projects located across a vast geographical region is an asset ( United States, South America, etc.).
You are results-oriented, enjoy challenging opportunities, have a positive attitude, are resourceful and have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and sense of responsibility.
We appreciate all expressions of interest and carefully review all resumes received. Regrettably, we are only able to contact applicants directly who are selected for interview. Thank you for your interest in Innova Global.