Innova Global’s Calgary office is currently seeking an experienced Estimator - EPCM to join our expanding Noise Management Division.
- Are you a team player who believes in integrity, respect, innovation and customer service?
- Do you have a thirst for knowledge and thrive in a project based environment?
- Will you bring positive energy and enthusiasm to the office and your projects?
- Can you prioritize to meet tight deadlines and deliverables?
If you said yes to these questions Innova Global wants you to apply!
As a member of the Noise Management Estimating Team, you will be responsible for building both conceptual and hard bid estimates for design-build and competitive tender projects involving acoustical and non-acoustical conventional & pre-engineering steel buildings in addition to general construction disciplines. This role may work on multiple bids concurrently. The Estimator will report to the Supervisor, Estimating who is based in Calgary.
Your knowledge of Estimating is solid and you have 5-7 years of experience in true Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management (EPCM) environments. Your communication skills, initiative and willingness to learn and be a dedicated team member are all demonstrated skills.
- Completes full analysis and detailed reviews of the sales bid request packages, client request for proposals(RFP) and detailed construction bid drawing sets and specifications.
- Develops responses to client received RFP’s to a design-build solution in the best interest of the client.
- Prepares and presents detailed cost estimates and final detailed summary, scope of work and support detail for review with the senior leadership team.
- Conducts a complete analysis of the bid request packages and prepares & coordinates bid documents for issue to vendors and subcontractors for pricing requests.
- Ensures day-to-day communication between all departments involved is upheld, ensuring a clear understanding of our joint responsibilities and commitments.
- Obtains quotations for materials and equipment in addition to reviewing and compiling subcontractor proposals.
- Develops, monitors and maintains a centralized database for vendors, cost data, equipment and productivity factors.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, specifications, contracts, bid documents (RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, etc.);
- Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Office, SharePoint and Access;
- Strong verbal communication, writing and editing skills;
- Ability to liaise effectively and professionally with management, vendors, consultants, and staff
- Demonstrated analytical, time management and organizational skills;
- Self-starter and works well under pressure and within a team atmosphere;
- Ability to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related area. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Relevant Work Experience
- Direct experience in design-build and competitive tender acoustical & non-acoustical building systems and/or general contracting estimating.
- Experience working within an Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) company.
- Experience working on estimates for projects located across a vast geographical region is an asset (United States, South America, etc.).
You are results-oriented, enjoy challenging opportunities, have a positive attitude, are resourceful and have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and sense of responsibility.
We appreciate all expressions of interest and carefully review all resumes received. Regrettably, we are only able to contact applicants directly who are selected for interview. Thank you for your interest in Innova Global.