Innova Global has an immediate opening for a Senior Acoustical Engineer based in either Denver Colorado, Houston Texas or our Pittsburgh Pennsylvania office, reporting to the Manager or Acoustical Engineering.
Innova Global is an engineering, procurement, and construction company and equipment manufacturer specializing in noise control for industrial projects related to environmental and occupational noise exposure. We offer consulting services as well as the ability to design/supply/install noise controls for the power generation, oil & gas, and manufacturing industries with guaranteed performance. Innova has offices throughout North America and projects worldwide. The successful candidate will join a team with considerable noise control engineering experience and technical capabilities.
- Design of noise controls for industrial facilities including acoustic buildings, shrouds, enclosures, silencers, mufflers, barriers, and selection of low noise equipment;
- Planning and execution of noise measurement surveys for baseline ambient surveys, equipment noise emission and performance testing of installed noise controls;
- Preparing technical reports and proposals for acoustic consulting and noise control construction projects;
- Preparing engineering sketches, calculations, and design documentation for projects;
- Noise propagation modeling of industrial facilities using CadnaA;
- Peer review of calculations, designs, and technical reports;
- Contributing to the development of technical knowledge and expertise in the group through R&D projects and the development of product design tools/software;
- Adhering to Innova and customer HSE and QA policies;
- Traveling to customer sites for noise surveys and meetings (10-25% of work may be out of office);
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or degree in acoustical or mechanical engineering;
- P.E. designation in one or more states;
- 8+ years experience in noise control engineering in the power generation and/or petroleum industries;
- Expert level user of CadnaA, MS Excel, Bruel & Kjaer applications and other relevant software packages;
- Experience with advanced acoustic measurement systems: sound intensity, vibration, beamforming, multi-channel analyzers etc.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills. Multiple languages an asset;
- Comfortable working independently in a multi-discipline inter-office engineering team environment;
- Leadership & customer relations. Duties will include supporting sales and project management teams, business development initiatives, and working directly with clients;
- Knowledge of construction materials and manufacturing processes;
- Knowledge of applicable codes regulations and standards relevant to noise control engineering practice;
- Knowledge of processes and equipment relevant to the Oil & Gas and Power Generation Industries;
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.