Innova Global (formerly ATCO Emissions Management) has an immediate opening for an Aftermarket Manager based in our Plymouth, MN office.
The Aftermarket Manager is responsible for setting up and managing a newly formed Aftermarket group in the Plymouth, MN office. This Aftermarket group will provide service for the entire fleet of Innova HRSGs, WHBs, OTSGs, as well as our competitors installed base of heat recovery equipment.
The Manager will oversee technical and commercial aspects of a customized proposal from the initial inquiry stage through the execution of the contract. This position is a key customer contact and is responsible for building and leading a team to successfully position the company as the preferred supplier.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate who is already based in the Plymouth area. To be considered for this position, the candidate must possess a background within Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSGs), Waste Heat Boilers (WHBs), and Once Through Steam Generators (OTSGs).
Reports to the Director of Sales, based in Plymouth, MN.
Expected results include:
- Position Innova in a preferred position with the customer;
- Prepare price competitive designs which meet the customer needs and expectations;
- Meet proposal schedule;
- Increase sales hit rate by closely working with the customer;
- Support increasing new equipment orders through customer satisfaction;
- Contribute to the profitability of the entire Division.
Setting up of the Aftermarket Group:
- Establish a data base for issuing proposals;
- Issue part numbers;
- Set up streamline purchasing procedures for buyout components with an emphasis on quick turnarounds;
- Negotiate OEM pricing levels with our vendors;
- Work with existing fabrication partners to supply fabricated components.
- Interpret customers’ requirements;
- Prepare or oversee technical design for required equipment;
- Provide bid packages to and coordinate with Estimating, Drafting, Engineering, and Sourcing as required;
- Source and keep current pricing for buyout items;
- Ensure the scope of supply complies with the customer’s inquiry documents or clarify all deviations;
- Make site inspections for equipment evaluation and engineering studies;
- Prepare proposals;
- Respond to customer technical questions;
- Follow up on proposals;
- Process orders.
- Ability to conduct self in professional manner and apply active communication skills;
- Ability to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times with all employees and management; build strong customer relationships;
- Ability to set priorities in an efficient and timely manner to meet essential job functions and provide attention to detail;
- Ability to apply strong organizational skills to meet simultaneous project deadlines; ability to maintain accurate and easily accessible records;
- Ability to exercise strong problem-solving skills and apply appropriate resolutions;
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement in relationship to realistic business requirements;
Experience and Qualifications
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred;
- 5-10 years’ experience in the Aftermarket sales and service;
- Must be able to work in a fast pace and highly flexible environment;
- Familiarity with Heat Recovery Steam Generators and Waste Heat Boilers;
- Familiarity with boiler auxiliaries such as burners, fans, controls, etc;
- Familiarity of ASME Section I and VIII Code;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to travel domestically (USA, Canada, Mexico) 10-15%.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.