INNOVA Global has an immediate requirement for an experienced Intermediate/Senior Project Controls Coordinator – Project Scheduler, based in the Calgary, AB office.
Innova Global has an immediate requirement for an experienced Intermediate/Senior Project Controls Coordinator – Project Scheduler, who is responsible for all schedule development, maintenance and communication throughout a project’s lifecycle. The Control Coordinator will liaise with various stakeholders including Estimating, Project Management and Construction to ensure appropriate communication is in place to accurately establish baseline vs. actuals, and forecast project schedules through to close out. A critical component of change management, the Coordinator is involved in all aspects of planning and scheduling of both internal and external requests for change.
The Project Controls Coordinator reports directly to the Director, Operations and has no direct reports.
- Performs typical detailed Project Planning and Scheduling tasks;
- Develops/maintains logic based Project EPC schedules, progress monitoring/ analysis and report on the portfolio of small to medium range projects;
- Assists with the preparation of Monthly Progress Reports, progress profiles and any other schedule related status reports;
- Gathers timely and accurate progress data from the project teams, contractors and others associated groups (consultants, etc.);
- Maintains Change Management procedure on each project to monitor and track schedule/progress trends/changes along with the appropriate documentations and approvals;
- Gathers and reports on schedule and progress on a timely basis;
- Assists Project Managers with Project close-out initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control and close-out;
- Assists the Estimating team with Proposal schedules;
- Coordinates with Project Managers, Engineering and SCM, Construction teams, Accounting team as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Mandatory experience within Project Controls within the Construction Industry;
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience;
- Experience/understanding of sequencing, scope of work analysis, blueprint reading and contracts/claims management would be a definite asset;
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, MS Project, must have expert level experience using Primavera (P6);
- Must be able to meet continuous deadlines and able to work some overtime;
- Must be a team player: willing to continuously & proactively collaborate, share and seek information & guidance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.