Innova Global (formerly ATCO Emissions Management) has an opportunity for a seasoned Senior Project Manager based in the Cambridge, Ontario office.
The Senior Project Manager will be based in Cambridge, Ontario and will oversee all aspects of the design, procurement and manufacturing of intake and exhaust system products for gas turbines. The incumbent will also maintain strong relationships with Innova clients in the gas-fired power generation and gas compression industries. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for co-ordination and completion of the project and will perform a variety of tasks such as defining work, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring the work, and reporting on progress.
Completion of contracts “on-time” and “on-budget” is an essential responsibility of this role. The Senior Project Manager will take preemptive and corrective actions to ensure cost, time and quality objectives are met, and will be responsible for more than one project at a time.
Planning / execution / leadership
- Prepare the Project Plan
- Identify, define and sequence tasks on the Work Breakdown Structure.
- Identify and secure resource requirements, promote team building.
- Inspire team members to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Consistently acknowledge / appreciate team members’ contributions and look for opportunities for team building outside the office.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change. Employ “Lessons Learned” records.
- Resolve or elevates issues in a timely fashion.
- Look for opportunities to strengthen and extend the client relationship.
- Perform project closeouts including a closure review meeting, and capturing and using relevant lessons learned, preparation of a final project report, ensuring completion and proper storage of the project files.
- Thoroughly review the purchase order and/or contract, including and ensure applicable information is understood by the team members.
- Ensure all necessary legal documents are signed and stored in paper and electronic forms.
- Manage and communicate changes in a timely and effective manner.
- Prepare quotes, obtain commercial approval and ensure correct invoicing for contract extras.
- Prepare Work-in-Progress (WIP) workbook within first month of kick-off and maintain weekly. Update account forecasts monthly.
- Lead value analysis efforts with the goal of increasing contribution margins.
- Anticipate cost problems and take preemptive measures.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, monitor receivables to ensure prompt payment.
- Follow up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Understand contract requirements and define acceptance criteria for project deliverables, or work with specialists to define such criteria, to ensure timely acceptance of deliverables by the client.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the ISO system.
- Ensure quality documents are received from fabricators on a timely basis and quality releases are issued on schedule.
- With assistance of the Master Scheduler utilize advanced scheduling software to plan and monitor work progress.
- Ensure schedule baselines and updates are received from major vendors.
- Anticipate schedule problems and take preemptive measures.
- Forecast and monitor earned value / revenue recognition
- Generate purchase requisitions and supporting documents.
- Assist Global Procurement Mgr., QA and Purchasing depts. with the identification, evaluation and monitoring of suppliers.
- Identify and assess risks for impact on scope, schedule, quality and cost on a regular basis.
- Mitigate risks and elevate serious risks to the attention of senior management.
- Utilize SharePoint for all project documents.
- Ensure a thorough and timely understanding, by project team members and stakeholders, of project and client-specific requirements.
- Provide an accessible means of communication between the client, or their assigned agent(s), and INNOVA on all matters in a timely manner.
- Generate schedules, status reports, communication (email) records, meeting agendas and minutes.
- Delivers difficult information tactfully.
- Develop basic understanding of the product design and technology in order to understand and question requests coming from specialists and technical staff and to evaluate what is reasonable or possible.
- Remain at the forefront of Project Management practices.
- Be professional and honest, treat others with respect and fairness, promote INNOVA interests in a non-confrontational manner.
- Ensure work does not damage the company’s reputation.
- Travel, as approved by management, for proposal support, customer reviews, vendor or jobsite meetings, etc.
- Other functions as directed by your Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Post secondary technical diploma / degree and several years’ experience in heavy equipment fabrication.
- Working knowledge of key MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) software.
- Experience in dealing with power industry engineering firms and turbine manufacturers,
- Engineering degree,
- Project Management training and PMP certification, and
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel, Primavera and/or MS Project.