Innova Global (formerly ATCO Emissions Management) has an opportunity for a Application Engineer (Environmental Systems - primarily gas turbine auxiliary products) based in the Cambridge - Ontario office.
The Application Engineer performs technical proposal development of assigned products and services for Innova Global environmental systems, primarily gas turbine auxiliary products. This is a position combining technical specification review, preliminary design, estimating and proposal development. For assigned bids and products, the Application Engineer will perform full client specification review, followed by conceptual acoustical/mechanical/structural design coordinating with internal and external resources. The Application Engineer also coordinates, and when Estimating resources advise, performs bill-of-material development and cost estimating, followed by preparation of the technical proposal.
The Application Engineer is responsible for identifying all technical risks and presenting to the Business Development Manager / Bid Leader, while also assisting in developing risk mitigation strategies.
The Application Engineer will report to the Senior Manager, Business Development and Proposals who is based our Cambridge, Ontario office.
- Provide input to the assigned BD Manager / Bid Leader for development of specific bid and product strategies / technical risk mitigations;
- Performs full technical specification review for assigned bid opportunities and products, with clear identification of all technical risks, exception and clarifications;
- Review and analyze customer documents, requests for quotes, equipment, product designs to ensure concept is optimized and effective;
- Performs and coordinates conceptual equipment acoustical/mechanical/structural design utilizing internal and external resources;
- Coordinates preparation of proposal drawings;
- Coordinates and/or prepares preliminary bill-of-materials, sub-vendor RFQ’s;
- Coordinates with estimating team and/or performs sub-vendor price reviews and/or negotiations for specific opportunities;
- Prepares detailed/accurate costing for quotes by individually analyzing each aspect of the project (compare to previous similar projects);
- Present quotes both internally and externally to explain concept and validate budget;
- Prepares technical proposal, along with identifying technical risks and developing risk mitigation measures;
- Attend project kick-offs and concept reviews to provide detailed explanation of budget/scope;
- Keep up-to-date with Innova and industry design standards, state-of-the-art product knowledge;
- Able to travel to client pre-bid meetings (as required);
Education and Experience Requirements
- Technical degree from University or College in related field;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in specification review, design and cost estimating of similar products - environmental systems, primarily gas turbine auxiliary products.;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in proposal preparation;
- A strategic thinker, self-starter, high job commitment, pays attention to details, with excellent interpersonal relationship skills;
- Enjoys a fast paced deadline driven environment;
- Candidate must be proficient in reading mechanical design drawings;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Proficient in spreadsheet, database, CAD and communication software use;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and usage of SharePoint.