Innova Global (formerly ATCO Emissions Management) has future opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Designer, to join our team based in our Plymouth, MN office.
Responsible for creating complex engineering drawings applying a solid level of understanding utilizing applicable codes, standards, and software applications related to the discipline, under minimal supervision. Fully understands the process of preparing designs and drawings using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures in support of target goals and objectives. Work with engineering and sales to ensure the designs meet project and code requirements.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate who is already based in the Plymouth area. To be considered for this position, the candidate must possess a background within Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSGs) and/or Waste Heat Boilers (WHBs).
This position will report to the Manager of Design and Drafting.
- Analyze assembly representations for fit, function, interference and efficiency of design.
- Verify accuracy of models and/or drawings for compliance with intended design concepts, customer specifications, standard manufacturing practices and ASME Code standards.
- Assist Design department in preparation of necessary documents required for customer submittal and downstream project execution as required.
- Advanced modeling, Drafting (2D AND 3D) and familiarity with established industry codes and standards applicable to HRSG layout and design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A working knowledge of ASME codes and standards and a good understanding of engineering practices applicable to design for heat recovery industry.
- Technical software skills to keep accurate and easily accessible records: Autodesk software; MS Office suite.
- Ability to conduct self in professional manner and apply active communication skills.
- Ability to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times with all employees and management; build strong customer relationships.
- Ability to set priorities in an efficient and timely manner to meet essential job functions and provide attention to detail.
- Ability to apply strong organizational skills to meet simultaneous project deadlines; ability to maintain accurate and easily accessible records.
- Ability to exercise strong problem-solving skills and apply appropriate resolutions.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement in relationship to realistic business requirements.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Diploma from Mechanical Drafting program or commensurate experience required.
- Minimum 8 years of previous related experience required.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.